A Coatings Consultant with a deep understanding of coatings technology and polymer science. A highly creative problem solver, with a powerful track record of leading teams in developing profitable new products, and up to date experience of the modern manufacturing techniques, required to produce them, with high quality and world class efficiency.
Based on 39 year of experience in paints and coatings Peter is ideally placed to provide technical and business consultancy across all areas of the coatings industry for clients ranging from SMEs to global businesses.
Expertise for Your Business
- Market opportunity analysis for raw materials and finished products
- Value chain profitability analysis from raw materials to finished products
- Project portfolio management and project leadership
- Product specification, design, formulation, application and performance testing
- Expert practitioner in statistically designed experimentation (DOE) for product formulation
- Patent landscape mapping, information searching and knowledge management
- Quality management systems including ISO9001; TS15949; ISO17025
- Advanced product quality planning (APQP)
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) to eliminate potential defects
- 8D problem solving for root cause analysis and implementation of preventive measures
- Lean Manufacturing and manufacturing process improvement
- Fast changeover to improve overall equipment efficiency (OEE) on filling lines (SMED)
- 5S implementation in paint and resin plants to improve workplace organisation
- Statistical process control (SPC) to keep processes running in a stable manner
Career Background and Qualifications
Peter was previously Technical Director at PRA, with overall responsibility for Coatings Research, Technical Consultancy and Laboratory Services including analysis, testing and microbiology.
He joined PRA from Sonneborn & Rieck Ltd (now known as Fujichem Sonneborn Ltd) where he was the Technical Manager responsible for Research & Development across a wide range of Industrial Coatings Technologies and international markets. This included coatings for automotive plastics, televisions and electronic equipment, UV cured coatings for wood and plastic, industrial woodfinishes, and coatings for metal including powder coatings.
Prior to this he had a long career at ICI Paints (now part of AkzoNobel) working in Resin Technology and Decorative Coatings, operating in both R&D and Manufacturing. His experience at ICI covered all aspects of Architectural Coatings. He has experience of formulating and manufacturing resins for industrial and decorative coatings. His last appointment at ICI was as UK Manufacturing Excellence Manager with responsibility for product quality and process improvement.
BSc (Honours) Chemistry
FRSC, Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
FTSC, Fellow of the Technology of Surface Coatings, (Oil and Colour Chemists Association, OCCA)